In the Elemental Evil storyline characters battle 4 apocalyptic cults who seek to gain foothold in the Forgotten Realms. All the resources you need to create characters in the Elemental Evil storyline are now available, including the Player’s Companion, Player’s Guide, Quickstart Guide, and Character Sheet.
Create Heroic Characters to Conquer the Elements!
Not inherently evil, elemental power can be mastered by those with both malevolent and benign intentions. The Elemental Evil Player’s Companion provides everything players need to build a character that is tied directly into the Elemental Evil storyline.
New race options include the aarakocra, deep gnome, genasi, and goliath. Additionally, a plethora of new spells put the elements directly at your command.
The Elemental Evil Player’s Companion, was original designed by Richard Baker, Robert J. Schwalb and Stephen Schubert, with additional design and development by Wizards D&D R&D.
This accessory is specifically meant to support the Elemental Evil–Princes of the Apocalypse adventure product.
The cover features a fantastic illustration by Raymond Swanland.
- Download the free Elemental Evil Player’s Companion now and create your characters for this season of D&D Adventurers League play!
Elemental Evil Resources for the D&D Adventurers League
In addition to the free Elemental Evil Player’s Companion, you can now download the free D&D Adventurers League Quickstart Guide, Player’s Guide, and Character Sheet, all of which you can find at the D&D Adventurers League Resource page.
Elemental Evil Players Guide
Here’s a quick rundown of a few of the major changes you’ll see in the Player’s Guide from V1:
- This season, allowed rules includes the D&D basic rules, Player’s Handbook, Princes of the Apocalypse appendices A & B, the Elemental Evil Player’s Companion (except aarakocra), and the Monster Manual appendix A (beasts only)
- Characters now take the starting equipment listed for their class and background
- New faction downtime activities are added here for Mulmaster adventures only.
- DM Rewards section has been updated to include a gp reward equal to half the XP reward
- Find a Place to Play section updated with online streaming play specifically called out as a public play format
- FAQ: Ideal path for character play
- FAQ: Update to magic item crafting to allow potions of healing
- FAQ: Info on how new D&D Expeditions adventures are released, with details on regional previews
For players the guide includes character creation rules for League play, details about League play, what to do before, during, and after each session, how to handle magic items, downtime rules, character advancement, and more. For DMs the Player’s Guide offers advice on the Forgotten Realms setting, details on new downtime activities available in Mulmaster, insight on what you need to be DM, how to run a D&D Adventurers League session, tips for the dungeon master, and DM rewards! For organizers, the Player’s Guide gives advice on finding a place to play, finding DMs and Players, and tips on advertising and running events. Finally, the guide has a Code of Conduct to make all of your games inclusive and gives advice on how to handle issues that may come up in public games. In addition there’s a faction guide and a FAQ.
Quickstart Guide & Character Sheet
The Quickstart Guide gives you an overview of the D&D Adventurers League, a simple step by step process for making a character, links to the basic rules, advice for finding a game and getting involved in social media.
The new Elemental Evil Character Sheet features the Elemental Evil icon, showing your character’s story origin in the Elemental Evil storyline.
Elemental Evil Adventures
With your Elemental Evil character made you’re ready to face the four apocalyptic cults and unearth the deception. Look for these D&D Adventurers League Elemental Evil Adventures at stores, conventions, and other public play (including streaming online) opportunities near you!
Latest posts by Robert Adducci (see all)
- Changing of the Guards - December 11, 2017
- The Rot from Within D&D AL trilogy has been released into the wild! - December 5, 2017
- A Player’s Guide to Fai Chen’s Fantastical Faire - November 8, 2017