As Liars Night festivities comes to a close, we bring you one last wave of Wandering Monsters.
Plus, don’t forget to enter the “costume contest” by sending [email protected] your D&D-themed costume pictures. We’ll be creating a Liars Night slideshow to commemorate our celebrations!
Remember! Extension for Extra Life!! Liars Night celebrations – and candy corn hunting – are extended through Sunday, November 4, 2018, for any individuals who have donated to Extra Life in any amount by any means (e.g. the Extra Life fundraiser webpages, your local store’s fundraiser, etc.).Wandering Monsters Wave 4 (PDF)
- Wandering Monsters can be inserted at tables that match their optimized Tier of play or, when notes for adjustment are included in the “How to Use This Encounter” section, the adjusted Tier.
- With Wandering Monsters optimized for a general Tier instead of a specific Average Player Levels, the Dungeon Master is especially empowered to make adjustments to ensure the experience is fun for their table. (For example: You might adjust the number of creatures or their hit points up to the maximum range.) Likewise, each Wandering Monster suggests how players might stumble on them, but that is up to you!
- For each Wandering Monster encounter resolved or defeated, each player is rewarded 10 candy corns.
- Dungeon Masters earn candy corns at the same rate as their players.
- Each person can benefit from a Wandering Monster reward once. They can play/DM the encounter more than once but do not receive the reward again.
- Some gaming situations might not be ideal for Wandering Monsters. For example: Conventions with tight time slots might not be able to accommodate Wandering Monsters, and that’s OK. Prioritize the overall gaming experience!