Happy Liars Night, adventurers! Last chance to earn candy corn for the Kernel? It’s time to get extra mischievous.Wandering Monsters Wave 4 (PDF)
Wandering Monster Rules
- Wandering Monsters can be inserted at tables that match their optimized Tier of play or, when notes for adjustment are included in the “How to Use This Encounter” section, the adjusted Tier.
- With Wandering Monsters optimized for a general Tier instead of a specific Average Player Levels, the Dungeon Master is especially empowered to make adjustments to ensure the experience is fun for their table. (For example: You might adjust the number of creatures or their hit points up to the maximum range.) Likewise, each Wandering Monster suggests how players might stumble on them, but that is up to you!
- For each Wandering Monster encounter resolved or defeated, each player is rewarded 10 candy corns. The Dungeon Master also is rewarded 10 candy corns.
- Each person can benefit from a Wandering Monster reward once per encounter. They can play and/or DM the encounter more than once but do not receive the reward again.
- Some gaming situations might not be ideal for Wandering Monsters. For example: Conventions with tight time slots might not be able to accommodate Wandering Monsters, and that’s OK. Prioritize the overall gaming experience!