Something wicked stirs in Dragon+
Every now and again an unexpected gift can be given out to the community at-large — and today, that gift is to be found inside the newest issue of Dragon+, Wizards of the Coast’s digital magazine that explores all things D&D!
In addition to all the glorious articles and insights that you will find inside these pages, you may also find a copy of DDEX3-2: Shackles of Blood. This is a level 1-4 adventure that originally premiered at Gen Con Indy just a few months ago (9 more months until Gen Con 2016!) and continues the story points that were seeded into DDEX3-1: Harried in Hillsfar, which you may have gotten from an early issue of Dragon+. Here’s the blurb:
The Red Plumes have increased patrols in the region surrounding Hillsfar, and a string of disappearances has followed in their wake. Naturally, this has roused the suspicion of the factions. Join your factions and find out the truth behind the missing farmers.
Without spoiling anything, I think that it’s safe to say that the final encounter in this adventure has quickly become one of my favorite tactical encounters in all of Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition, and when I ran it at Gen Con, another DM was kind enough to loan me his AWESOME 3-D terrain for that final encounter. Once you read the adventure, I hope that you’ll be inspired to create some incredibly powerful and memorable moments for your players too!
But what does this mean for our global community, and people at home? Well, I think that bullet points serve us best here:
- DDEX3-2: Shackles of Blood is Adventurers League legal and can be played anywhere for Adventurers League credit effective today, Saturday October 16th 2015! At your FLGS, your upcoming convention, online (we suggest Fantasy Grounds, but any platform can work), in your basement, in the park, where ever!
- DDEX3-2: Shackles of Blood is free in this issue! Download it, read it, check it out, tell us what’s on your mind.
- DDEX3-2: Shackles of Blood needs to be played. It’s important. There are key events and NPCs in this adventure that feed into the rest of the season!
Folks, I hope that you take this away from today’s post, if nothing else: sign up for your free copies of Dragon+. There’s a ton of good stuff in there, every issue, guaranteed!
Note: no drow were intentionally harmed in the writing of this post.
Latest posts by Alan Patrick (see all)
- In Which We Talk About… Season Schedules - December 3, 2018
- In Which We Talk About… Thanksgiving and Undermountain - November 22, 2018
- In Which We Talk About… Adventures & Mad Mages & Stuff! - November 9, 2018