The D&D Adventurers League is an ongoing official campaign for Dungeons & Dragons (fifth edition rules) that unifies D&D tables around the world with seasonal storylines and campaigns. Dungeon Masters run the games, describing environments and events, controlling monsters and non-player characters, and helping to determine the outcomes of player’s actions.
It is simple and easy to become a Dungeon Master for the D&D Adventurers League. You do not need to register or log your play anywhere online. Simply ensure you are running games that follow the D&D Fifth Edition rules and the Adventurers League rules, and ensure your players are using characters created with the Adventurers League rules. Dungeon Masters will find these links most useful when starting out in the Adventurers League:
- Learn D&D with the FREE Basic Rules: The basic rules are a great way to get started… for FREE! You can also purchase the tabletop RPG book and will need at least the Player’s Handbook and the Dungeon Master’s Guide.
- Download the FREE Adventurers League Player’s Pack: To ensure your players following the Adventurers League rules, you should familiarize yourself with the Player’s Guide, FAQ, and other rules in this pack. This pack and other helpful resources are linked on the Resource page of this website.
- Download the FREE Adventurers League DM’s Pack: To ensure you are running games in line with the Adventurers League rules, you should familiarize yourself with the Dungeon Master’s Guide, FAQ, and other rules in this pack. This pack includes the DM Quests, which are extra rewards you can earn by being a Dungeon Master.
- Find (or start) a game: Wizards of the Coast’s event finder is a good starting point to find a local game store that hosts Adventurers League games and might be seeking new Dungeon Masters to expand their tables. You also can volunteer as a Dungeon Master at conventions or online play. Alternately, gather 3-7 friends (or new friends) to start your own table.
- Find an adventure on the Dungeon Masters Guild: In addition to the plethora of Adventurers League modules available for purchase on the DMs Guild, the D&D Starter Kit (perfect for NEW Dungeon Masters) or the D&D hardcover adventures can all be played as part of the Adventurers League.
Latest posts by Lysa Chen (see all)
- Community Spotlight: Ginny Loveday on Charity Events - April 24, 2018
- Community Spotlight: Steve Bissonnette on Building Terrain/Props - April 10, 2018
- Community Spotlight: Dave Rosser on Multi-store Events - April 3, 2018